Thursday, February 16, 2012

Amazing God - Answered Prayer

Our family has had a rocky week.  My grandpa (my Pops) went in on Monday for a routine gall bladder surgery.  After hours of trying to take out his gall bladder the horrible, awful, careless doctor came out and said that he tore a valve or duct (I am still unsure) to his liver trying to take out his gall bladder, that he needed to be transferred to a different surgeon.  My grandpa is 85 years old.  His body has been through so much.  Just this past November he had 4 stints put in his heart and recovered beautifully and now this has happened.  After 4 to 5 blood transfusions and trying to get him stable to be care flighted he was flown to Baylor hospital in Dallas.  Doctors were telling my parents that he might not make it.  He was placed in ICU and has been there since Monday night.  He was scheduled to have the repair surgery Tuesday but the liver transplant doctor (the only person who would even work on my Pops) said he wouldnt do the surgery Tuesday because of how much trauma he had endured Monday.  So we waited...waited and waited more.  My sister her husband, Chance and I left Monday evening to go see my parents and more importantly tell my grandpa we loved him - we picked up Dale on the way.  Chance stayed with his Granny Tuesday when we went to the hospital.  Tuesday the doctor said that if he continued to stay stable Tuesday all day that they would do the surgery for Wednesday morning.  Wednesday comes and his liver levels are not looking good and the doctor said he would not survive if he did surgery.  At this point I am on my knees begging and praying to God that he would touch my grandpa's precious body and heal his liver.  His liver levels this morning were UP!!! He went to surgery...the doctor did the repair...he is in recovery!!  PRAISE YOU JESUS!  My grandpa is a fighter, a strong man and God has more plans for you sweet Pops.  He still is in ICU and has a long road to recovery.  My sweet parents and my mom's sister and her husband havent left his side.  We have been taking turns not working to help take care of my sweet bundle of joy, Chance while Nana is away.  Tomorrow he is playing with Daddy all day!  Today he stayed with aunt Boddie and yesterday Granny.  We pray Nana gets to come home soon but for now she is where she needs to be with her Daddy.  So while she is away....Nana these pictures are for you!!
 Screaming I am "two"


 Eating a Sonic corn dog and fries. 
 Wearing Daddy's shoes.

 Before church on Sunday...


 He is so handsome.

 I love you Nana and Poppa.  I love you Pops.  Get well soon!  - Love, Chance.
Today is a good day.  A day of answered prayers.  Please continue to keep him in your prayers as he isnt out of the woods yet, but on the road to recovery!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment