Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's the Little Things...

in life that make all the difference.  We have been packing up/boxing up our house and moving to a different house IN TOWN.  Who knew that 4 miles would bring such joy to my life.  A lot of people with say they love living outside of town and I do consider myself a country girl but I really am a city girl too.  Living outside of town (4 miles) was nice and peaceful but having to come back into town for groceries etc was a pain.  If we forgot something we would just cringe at having to DRIVE INTO TOWN.  But now...its pure heaven to be able to run to Subway (one of my favorites) and back to our house in less than 10 minutes.  It's the little things...
It's funny because we lived in the Austin area for 5 years and to get anywhere we drove 15-20 min. to a grocery store, out to eat and to work.  That was our norm.  But I like our new norm :) 
Our new home is also more cozy and homey.  Yesterday my mom and I went to Target and I got new bathroom stuff.  Rugs and towels, well...decorative towels.  Funny story...I dont know if other's do this but in my family we have a towel rack with just decorative towels.  No one is to wipe their mouth or hands on the towels.  They are strictly for decoration!  When Doug and I first got married my sister was dating this guy whom helped Doug and I move into our apt and he showered and used one of MY DECORATIVE towels.  But see I didnt know about it at first.  The funny part is my brother knows that no one is to use these towels.  He noticed that this guy used one of them and he was in the room with my mom and sister and said "mom, (so and so) used one of the decorative towels"  He said it very serious and concerned that this guy might be in some serious trouble.  LOL.  And yes...we cant just wash the towel cause then it loses its color.  Needless to say NO ONE IS TO USE THE DECORATIVE TOWELS. 
Moving is not fun but we have an amazing family and friends who came in truck loads to help us move this past Friday.  If you are from a coaching family...we know how to pack a trailor and truck pretty quickly.  We stick together!  My motto this move was if I hadnt used it or seen it in a year it is getting put in a garage sale.  The hard part about moving is moving the "little things".  It's the little things that make it hard to move easily.  However, we are finally all moved out and are in the process of getting our new home all put together.  :) 
Through all of this my precious little boy has been sick.  He was running fever and just not wanting to play so I took him to the doctor.  He didnt have an ear infection but said he just had a viral infection that had to run its course.   So through this move we have had some sleepless/restless nights where we have slept in the recliner or couch so I could hold Chance up because he has been so congested!  He is feeling better now though!  :)
 Nothing a powerade slush wont cure.
Pooped out after playing at Nana's and Grandpa's on Memorial Day!
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment