Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Weekend Festivities

This weekend is the BIG weekend.  My sister and Kyle will be tying the knot.  The weekend starts....TOMORROW.  We have family coming into town and we start decorating the fellowship hall (where the reception will be at the church).  The girls are getting pedicures tomorrow afternoon to start the weekend off right.  My mom and I went and had our nails done today.  We got the "new" thing out...called shellac.  We love how it turned out!  :)
I am singing in my sister's wedding when they light the unity candle.  I have been super nervous and practicing every chance I get.  In the car...at the computer...in the bath...I guess I am ready.  yikes!
Funny side note:  I love singing, however, I am not good at ALL at memorizing the words, well....the correct words.  I have a tendency to just sing my own lyrics to songs.  Works for me, but I really had to memorize the correct words to this song.  ha!  My mom said the other night "are you sure you dont want to just hold a lil notecard with the words on it just in case" lol!  Apparently they have so much faith in me!

On a different note...we have been playing out in this HOT HOT HOT sun.  Swimming, walking, biking, exploring the backyard...keeping busy!  Here are a few pictures I took of my almost 18 month old the other night.






Mom, Chance and I went shopping for some shoes and her a rehearsal dinner dress (because we never know if what we have is what we really want to wear) and here is Chance and Nana posing

I didnt do a post on July 4th but I did snap some pics of the good food before it was grilled and I made a yummy cake with the 4th colors. 


 One of my families favorites things to make is peppers with cream cheese and bacon wrapped around them.

 POPaaa and Chance
Kabobs!

Should be back Sunday or Monday with pictures of the beautiful bride and groom.  We are looking forward to seeing good friends and family.  Happy Wedding Robin and Kyle.

P.S. Pray that we get Chance's super cute tux on him.  It was MELTDOWN city when we went to try it on.  He was throwing himself on the floor screaming and crying.  My sweet mom (Nana) ended up just buying it quickly and we rushed out.  We tried to get him to try it on before I sent it to the cleaners for a good steaming and he ran from us.  Saturday...could be interesting.  He may go down the isle in just his diaper...kidding.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment