Saturday, July 6, 2013

Brooks Harris Pearce - he's here!!

On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 I went in at 6:00 am to be induced.  Here is Doug and I as we are walking into the hospital.
 38 weeks and one day
After the nurse started the Pitocin to start my contractions my dr came in and broke my water.  I had the best nurse, Ali, who really made this delivery compared to my first one so much better.  She was very honest about what she was doing and seeing as she monitored me and the baby.  At about 5:00 the anesthesiologist, Lou (yes we knew each other by name...he was a funny older man who was so nice) came back in to give me a little more "juice" and I then shortly dilated to a 10 and pushed for 22 min. and my sweet baby boy, Brooks Harris Pearce was born at 6:02.  He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long.
 He is perfect. Absolutely perfect.  He has blonde hair and far skin like his mommy.  Who knew I would have room for more baby love but God makes room and I am now a proud mommy of two boys! *My mom bought me the gown off Amazon and I was so glad to have it on. It was way cuter than the ugly hospital gowns.  ha! With Chance she made me gowns but this time she bought my sister and I gowns to wear.  She is the best!*

 



 Big Brother is so happy to meet his baby brother!!  He wanted to keep touching him and holding him.

Little did we know after we all passed him around and he meet everyone they took him back and the next thing we know he is being attempted to NICU for lung complications.  See next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment