Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Potty Training

This past Saturday we started Day 1 of potty training.  I was going to do the whole 3 day potty training method but it just isnt for us.  Chance is doing really good going #1 but the #2 thing is a different story.  I know this is TMI but this is a blog to keep track of what's going on in our lives and lets face it poo poo is not our "friend" if you will.  I got a bag full of treats and bought an M&M dispenser that if he pee pee's he gets two lil M&M's and if he did the big boy #2 he would get to look in the bag and get a prize, he calls them "presents".  So cute.  He also has decorated his potty with stickers from using the potty. 
The potty is the center point in our living room and he usesit for drums, a pitching mound, and none other than posing while I sing the National Anthem.  He loves to pretend he is a baseball player and then I scream "go Mats" at the end and introduce him.  He loves it. 
Back to the potty training...we are wearing pull-ups and he does really good with them.  He hates big boy undies...I bought some really cute ones with trains and super heroes and he screams for his DIAPER to be put on so we settled for the pull-ups.  If anyone who reads my blog knows what to do about how to get him not to be afraid of going #2 in the potty please share!!  He will tell me he needs to go and we run to the potty and....NOTHING.  We run to the potty....and again...nothing.  He will say "yah Chance!" but poor baby has to know he didnt poo!  He wants a present so bad...and we know I already broke down and let him get a few of the presents.  :)  Time to hit up dollar general again. 
This may be a summer adventure...and I must admit this is not fun!  I would probably let him wear diapers til he decided not to wear them anymore.  But...I am not...no worries. 
 This face tells it all...he is not thrilled about all this potty training business.
Wearing a helmet makes it more fun??
 We cover our potty and create a sleeping pallet.  Anything to difuse from the purpose of the potty! ha!
This was day one...I think he was tired of hearing us say "need to go potty"  Now he just ignores us on day 3...
More National Anthem...
 These are his new pajamas I got at Wal-Mart.  Isnt he so cute?  He is getting so tall and becoming such a handsome lil fellow. 

 Today we made cupcakes from the blog mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com
 Koolaide Cupcakes...yummo!

A few nights ago Chance and Doug were playing baseball in the house, of course, what else would we be doing? and Doug hit a ball that hit the door and Chance put him in time-out! I had to snap a picture it was so funny!
 Sweet boy cuddling on the couch with his mommy last night! 
We had a busy day today.  We have been swimming literally everyday.  So glad Nana and Poppa have a pool.  Chance loves the water!!  Needless to say we are loving our summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment