Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's Time

Yesterday Chance had his 6 month shots.  He had 4 shots.  Three in his lil legs and 1 was an oral vaccination.  Chance was a wiggle worm the whole appt.  When the nurse was trying to give him the oral vaccination (it is supposedly sweet flavored) Chance would not open his mouth!  Everytime she would get the lil dropper close to his mouth he would close his mouth TIGHT and turn his head from side to side.  The nurse tried probably 15 times to do this and Chance was not having it.  So I finally said "Can I try"  She gave me the dropper and finally Chance took the vaccine.  Little toot is so stubborn.  :)  The nurse goes "I have never had this happen to me before, he is so smart"  My mom and sister were there with us and we all got so tickled.  The doctor said he looks really good.  He weighs 18 pounds 10 ounces and is 27 1/2 inches long.  He is in the 80th percentile on weight but the 90th on HEIGHTH!!  :)

(These were all taken with my phone - horrible quality - but precious pictures!)

The doctor told me "IT'S TIME" to try the crying out method for going to bed at night.  I started crying...I just hate hearing him "cry it out".  She said that he has to learn to self soothe and fall asleep on his own.  It's been really hard getting in a routine/schedule since we moved.  We have been here and there all summer.  Chance has been sleeping in our room in a co-sleeper crib - his room is literally 2 miles from us across the house.  Ok...not 2 miles but it sure seems like it.  At our other house his room was right next to ours.  Anyways, starting tomorrow....ok maybe tonight (I keep prolonging it) he will start sleeping in his room, in his crib and when he wakes up I will go pat him and tell him it is ok and then I'll leave.  (well lets hope I will leave the room, ha!)  Pray for us...
We bought a video monitor that I will prob sit up at night watching him sleep.  I know this is something we have to do...it's just not fun. 
This is what Chance does when he rides in the car...now wouldnt that seem to be so uncomfortable!!  When we have the handle bar up he plays with his toy with his feet.  It's quite funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment