Sunday, March 4, 2012

Heaven Gained an Angel

One week ago yesterday we said goodbye to my Pops (my grandpa).  However, he went to be with Jesus last Wednesday and heaven received an angel.  He is walking again, pain free, rejoicing with my Ma-Ma and Uncle Tommy. 
This pictures were at Christmas. 
 I love you Pops with all my heart. I will miss your smile so much!


He is so missed.  I cant stop replaying the last two weeks in my head, I cant stop thinking about the phone call from my mom Wednesday night - her telling me he is gone.  My grandpa was doing better.  They had moved him from ICU where he was recovering slowly...but recovering.  There is so much to the story that I just cant find myself to write it all down.  It's in my head...over and over and over...As a Christian I know I am not to place the blame and hold so much resentment - yet I am human.  But I am so mad.  Bitter.  Frustrated.  We put our faith and trust in the doctors who watch over us when we are sick, yet...they failed at my grandfather's situation.  He had been through so much.  His little body was so weak and fragile.  His heart stopped beating Wednesday night and he went to a better place leaving us on earth with broken hearts and spirits.  He truly was an amazing man.  The best Pops we could ask for.  I think about him all the time.  We went and saw him the Sunday before his passing.  As we were leaving he and Chance blew kisses to each other and that is something I will forever hold in my heart.  The sweetest moment.  I pray that God will give my family peace during this hard time. 
Doug spoke at the funeral.  It was very special and he said things about my grandpa that we all wanted to say but couldnt.  Chance was so sick during all this.  Running 103 fever, cough, not sleeping, runny nose, only wanting his Mommy...It was really hard.  He is feeling so much better now!! 
I have pictures from before the funeral service but my computer is not letting me save them. :(

We have been without internet all week.  Doug has been on the phone with them for over 2 hours today and we finally have it but our computer needs major TLC before I can really upload pictures.  I will have to upload them later from my phone. 

Dreading work tomorrow...I bought the book Every Day is a Friday by Joel Osteen.  I have read the 1st chapter.  I am not a reader.  But it is a good book.  So good I havent read anymore.  ha!  No it really is good...only time to read is when Chance goes to bed and at that time I read my Bible and catch up on my shows I have taped and/or SLEEP.  Anyways, the book is about not dreading Monday's.  To treat everyday like a Friday.  Living with no regret...I am sorry but I dread tomorrow.  I want to stay home with my baby (who isnt a baby anymore).  I am grateful I have a job though.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment