Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CHANCE WALKER PEARCE

I know this post is a week late but we were in the hospital for 5 days do to severe jaundice and then finding time to sit and type with a newborn is hard. We are alll doing good just trying to develop a routine, well there is one for our lil baby...eat, sleep, poop...REPEAT. :) Today is our first day home alone. Just me and Chance. My mom was here for a week and she left Monday to go back home and boy did I cry. I miss her so much. She was such a help and comfort. Thanks mom for all you did when you were here. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother and now Chance will have a wonderful grandma. I think we are going to call my mom Gammie.

Here is the story that lead to our precious baby boy being born. Last Saturday (my due date) we woke up and I was having some major cramping. We ran to walmart and to get some breakfast and when we got home I noticed I was having some bleeding. I was freaked out so I called the on call doctor and she said for me to lay down and see if the bleeding and cramping would subside. Well it didnt so we got all our stuff together and went to the hospital. I am so glad we went because my water had broke (not all the way, but it was leaking) and here started the long labor. We got the the hospital at 11:00, epidural at 3:00 dialated to a 10 cm at 11:00pm and started pushing at midnight and pushed for 4 hrs and he was born at 4:07am. It was a LONG LONG LONG night and I was absolutely exhausted. My poor husband and mom who was with me the whole time stood up the whole time and helped me through this whole labor and delivery. They are saints! Oh and my epidural wore off on my right side so I basically felt everything.

Chance was born January 17, 2010 at 4:07am and weighed a whopping 8 pounds 13 ounces and 21 and an 1/8 in long. Here are some pics of him and more to come but he is getting fussy so I need to go feed him.



going home from the hospital

Chance definately has Doug's skin coloring and HAIR! That's all I remember the doctors saying during labor "he has so much hair" I would say "i dont care if he has dread locks get him out!" haha

His coloring here is still pretty yellow due to the jaundice. He looks better everyday.

Throughout everything I want to thank all my friends and family for all the prayers. I truly felt them! God has blessed us so much! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment